Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Kueh Bangkit

On end January, i thot of doing some 'festive food' for the Chinese New Year (CNY). A colleague inspired me when she took her home-made Kueh Bangkit to the office... hmmm nice. I always like pandan pandan food. Hence, ambitious Ms Allo determine to try it out at home!

Attempt 1: FAILED!!
Ok, why fail... Tapioca flour dough is very sensive to humidity. It get dried very easily hence the baker's action got to be very fast to prevent dough to get dried too fast. And me Ms Allo as a novice, hands & legs are kind of... slow (no helper!) I barely make it to cut the cookie from the alomost-dry dough and sent to the oven. Sotong me was too engross in washing/cleaning the kitchen that my eyes and mind forgot about the 'sensitive' cookies... IT GOT BURNT!




Argh... frankly speaking the taste is pretty nice... [but with a burnt smell/taste :-(] The appearance definitely failed terribly. But i still put them into container... hoping i can continue eating them... hahaha...

Attempt 2: PASSED!
Ambitious and determine Ms Allo won't gave up. The failed attempt disappoint her and decided to try again. With the remainings ingredient and some replenished stuffs, I tried again. I make sure all the necessary stuffs are within reached and the time spent on the cookie cutting on the dough was definitely faster.



See, the color look more decent right?! I can even bring to both parents and colleagues to try... Yeah!

No comments: